Monday, October 12, 2015

The Growth Of Tiny Houses

The Small House Market

Coutnryside HouseIt has been interesting over the past few years to see how many new tiny house companies have popped up throughout North America and beyond.

It’s interesting to see how small house designs have evolved from very simple to elaborate and luxurious.

The price range has also jumped. Although you can still get a very simple house for a decent price, there is the option to get a house the same size but with small scale luxuries.

As expected, the cost for a luxurious house is more than the expense of a simple one, but in comparison it is much less than you would pay for the same thing in a larger house.

It’s Your Choice

It’s all a matter of what you want and what you need. It’s a decision you have to make.

Do you want to live simply? Do you want or need a few luxuries? Or is your preference to live with all the luxuries on a smaller scale?

There is nothing wrong with either way. You have to do what makes you happy.

You need to live in a manner that you are most comfortable with. If that means you don’t want to give up some luxuries, that is okay.

No matter what you decide, you’ll save time and money.

I love a simple life, but I also like some luxuries. I have a combination of simple with a few luxuries.

My house is much smaller than what I used to live in. After living in a recreational vehicle and traveling for almost four years, I realized there were a few things I missed.

Here are a few things I can’t do without:

A little more storage than what you get in the typical simple tiny house is a must. There are some hobbies that I will never give up. They are my creative outlet and a big part of my relaxation. I downscaled my hobbies when I moved into a small space, but I do need the room to keep supplies.

Another must is a larger kitchen. I need the counter space to work without having to juggle food and dishes around when making a meal. And there are a few cooking items I can’t live without.

I’m a little claustrophobic. The low ceiling got to me after awhile. I need a little more head-room. And I like/need lots of natural light; this means I want/need lots of windows or big windows.

A small living room and bedroom are not a problem. As long as I have a comfortable chair to sit in and a cozy bed to sleep in, I’m good.

A small bathroom is okay. It’s not a room where I spend a lot of time.

I don’t need a deck. An outdoor mat, a small table, and comfortable outdoor chairs do fine.

Downsizing

There is no reason you would have to give up everything.

You will need to dig deep and decide what is most important to you. You’ll need to decide what you can and can’t live without.

Some decisions will be more challenging than others, but it is worth all the difficulties once you’ve made all the decisions.

Whichever type of tiny house you choose, it has to be what you will be happy with for a long time. You can build a very simple house for a minimal cost, or you can create an elaborate place. Even if what you choose is not so simple, it won’t cost you anywhere near what it would for a large house with the same luxuries.

Building a tiny house is a win-win no matter what way you choose to go.


http://affordablehousingdesigns.com/the-latest/the-growth-of-tiny-houses/ Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment