Friday, May 22, 2015

From The Heart

You Don’t Know What Tomorrow Will Bring

HeartThere are a few blogs and Facebook pages that I follow regularly because they have great, honest, and interesting information. Stuff that comes from the heart.

This morning, on one of these pages, there was a post that touched a nerve, and my heart. This lady lost her husband six years ago today from cancer. He was only in his early 40’s.

Rather than publish what she wrote verbatim (which is frowned upon), I’ll give you the gist of what she wrote.


You don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

On my husbands death bed, he had many regrets. One of his biggest regrets is that he put his job above his family.

A job is just a job.

Bills are only bills.

Living is the most important thing. These are things that most people only reflect upon when their time has come.

Do you want to look back and have regrets?

Everyday, from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, I make sure I am living life. With everything I do, I decide if it will bring me happiness or regret.

If you want to do something, just Do It.

Never forget to tell the ones you love, that you Love Them because each moment is a gift.

Savor every moment.

Make each day count.

Each day is another page in your life journey, and you are slowly writing your own eulogy. Make it all count.

Don’t limit yourself.

Don’t worry about what other people say or do.

Who Cares? As long as you are happy, that is what matters.

No one has anything to say about your happiness but you.

You don’t need to justify your actions to anyone but yourself.

Be the master of your own happiness.

If someone you love were to die tomorrow, do they know you love them? Have you given your all to them? Would your last memory of that person be a great moment?

You never know when that last moment will come, so make every day count.

Be good, be loving, be happy!


I know this is a little off track, but her words are so true. They come from the heart. From someone who has been through heartbreak.

Although my story is not quite like hers, I also experienced loss. Not only loss of family members that are dear to me, but loss of my health.

Throughout my life I did just as she said we shouldn’t. My job and money was a priority for too many years. It was only through loss that I realized what was really important.

If you’ve been following me for awhile, you’ll already know that it was that loss that brought me to a much better and healthier lifestyle.

In a nutshell, I downsized my life in almost every aspect – including my house which was one of the biggest stresses in my old life. Getting rid of our biggest debt and headache (the house), has allowed us to make improvements in all other aspects of our life.

If you want to find out more about downsizing, take a look around this website. There is lots of info about the tiny house companies, plans and designs, books, and workshops. Reading through the blog (The Latest) you’ll also find lots of great insight and information.

It’s been three years in our new lifestyle, and I continue to improve and live happier than ever before.

My only regret is that I didn’t realize sooner how much better life can be when you make changes.

We (my husband and myself) are much close and happier. What caused stress (and problems) have been virtually eliminated and our lives are much better.

I’ll end with the same thing as “she” said:

Be Good, Be Loving, Be Happy!


http://affordablehousingdesigns.com/the-latest/from-the-heart/ Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment